1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?
In the past when I had pets, mainly dogs - they were part of the family. Now that is apartment living, we cannot have a dog :(. We have a pet fish, a beta, that we call Orca. I really love that fish. He swims around so fast in the fish bowl where I have an ivy as well. It is relaxing to watch the fish swim around.
2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?I would really really truly like to publish a book of stories or even a novel. That has been my dream since I was about twelve years old. Not because I want to be famous or anything like that, but because I would love to share my stories with the world. Especially young Latinas, I always worry about our hermanitas and hope they attain their goals and aspirations.
3. What is the one thing most hated by you?People who are fake and act like they are better. I really cannot stand that. To me, we are all created equal in God's image. No one is better than anyone, so quit acting like it.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?pay off student loans, other debts, and buy a big ranch house with some acreage. I want a big enough house for my husband, our kids in the future, and my parents as well. That is my goal as I have realized how tough the economy is, and I want to help take care of my parents as they have always taken care of me.
5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?music! Especially fast cumbias! I could be really low on energy and hear music and suddenly get that perk to dance and I am instantly alert.
Also prayer helps me tremendously. I am so thankful I work in a Christian school, and the principal is truly caring and will stop and pray with us.
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?I believe in loving someone is more blessed, because I love to give to others and do for others.
7. What is your bedtime routine?I read - this helps relax my mind unless I am already exhausted then I will just wash up and crawl into bed and close my eyes...
8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?He actually found my Yahoo profile and messaged me on Messenger. I never forget that time; I was dozing off in bed, and had my Messenger on Mobile. I got this text message from someone who was introducing himself "hi my name is Tiny." and I'm like "huh?" Then he corrects himself "Tony." We started messaging each other and right away, he said "I'd like to take you out." I was all surprised and hesitant at first. I did play hard-to-get, partly because I really was busy with college and work and then, because I was hesitant and did not want a relationship at all. The first time we talked on the phone I straight up told him, I was not looking for a relationship, and he called me "anti-commitment." Within a few weeks though, we were dating and inseparable and romantically hopefully passionately in love, and here we are, five years later, happily married.
9. If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?I would love love love to go back in time and watch Frida Kahlo paint. She is my favorite Mexican icon; when I think of Mexico, instantly I think of her and her talent.
10. What kinds of books do you read?
I also enjoy Ana Castillo; her novels touch me right to the core. One of my dreams is to see my last name right by theirs on the book shelf at the library.
But now I have branched out to the supernatural genre. Here are a few book series I am hooked on right now.
11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?Happily married with kids, whatever Gods gives us, I do want about four though.
12. What’s your fear?That something will happen to my husband or my family. But I trust in God to take care of them, so I do not allow myself to be paranoid. But those fears do cross my mind from time to time like when he's late home and hasn't called or when sickness attacks my family I am afraid it will be terminal.
13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?No way I love junk food too much, and outer space gives me the creeps! I am a big scaredy cat, always picture aliens with big eyes coming to attack!
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?Married but poor! Yep, the marriage vows sure do say "for richer for poorer" and right now, we are experiencing one of those "poorer" moments, and we are sticking it out.
15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?Look at my phone to see the time or if someone has texted me.
16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?The way he butts in when I am cooking sometimes! I love that he helps in the kitchen which is a major blessing, but when I am cooking and I want to make the food my way, it annoys the hell out of me! He will come in suggesting some more comino, I swear he is crazy about comino! Or salt, and I am like "Nombre!! My blood pressure!" But he is learning...I just have to remind him...lovingly to leave the kitchen and let me cook!
17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?something that could be said in Spanish ! I think my name is way tooooo English.
18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?Yes I think I have done that recently actually.
19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?Wendy's chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce!